View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #25
special-K
Special Order

Re: More horse trading?

I guess you misunderstood.I didn`t say more people were looking for these.I can appreciate your opinion being different.But,it`s just a fact that those trucks are very desireable to Ford guys.There are more Ford guys than not that would never consider owning any Chevy from any year.They don`t want a 67/72 GM,never will.This particular truck that CG is considering would be very highly desired by a truck builder who likes Fords.They are "the" shortbed fleetside of Fords.We see all the other years messed with and these are a notch above all other Ford short wide beds.The big windows are most sought after.I don`t use anything as fickle as Ebay for a price guide.Thereis no price guide.Kelly tried and it`s just a joke.These times are not a good example of how anything sells and certainly not a time to assess a proper value based on sales.I`m not comparing Fords to Chevys.I`m just looking at the Ford Unibody for what it is on it`s own.

There`s a huge fad for the 67/72 Chevys these days.In fact,more like 67/68 short widebeds.All vintage GM trucks have been highly desired for many years.But,the "fad" is 67/72s.That`s not to say other years aren`t sought after or valueable.The same goes for other brands.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-21-2009 at 12:30 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote