View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 09:30 PM   #10
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

The two loudest cars I ever had were (1) my '60 Triumph TR-3, which only had a '66 Pontiac resonator for a muffler; and (2) my '71 VW, with EMPI Extractor. Cops didn't like the VW/EMPI. It was genuinely loud. I had to replace the extractor with a bogus extractor that didn't match the collector on the headers. As soon as I satisfied the cops, I put the old extractor on and drove it for another 18 months. I got the ticket in the VW when I'd only had it (from new) for 5 months.

My '69 runs 40's with outlets at the rear tires. It is loud, but not so loud that it bothers anyone that I know....except my neighbors when I fired it up at 6am. That's why houses have A/C and central heat....so you can keep the windows CLOSED!

Yeah, I have a problem with the thumpers, too. One of these days, when they are older, they're gonna be hard of hearing, or deaf, due to the excessive noise from their sound systems. Systems that are loud, and cause the vehicle to buzz and vibrate, aren't good systems, just loud systems. You have to have class, and be a discrimate audiophile, to have a good, loud, system. Knowing when to turn it down, is like knowing when you can speed. Respect is the key.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote