View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #18
kookykrispy
The Early Chevy Van Man

Re: 99+up common problems

Mine had the common problem of the odometer/drive position indication going dark... intermittent problem. I found a guy on ebay who sells the repair service for $100 + shipping. I'm currently driving around with no gauges at all because he is fixing them and will send them back soon. He has 100% positive feedback and instrument clusters is all he does it seems. I've got my fingers crossed!

Also:

-Problem with power windows only go to the right, but not left or up or down. I replaced the switch, but that was not the problem... so now what? I'm not sure.

-The driver's door seal is noisy. It lets the wind in at speed. On my list to replace the seal.
-The rear passenger side pop-out window no longer closes properly. Very noisy above 45-50 mph. Very annoying. I understand there is a fix for this by putting a sheetmetal screw through the hinge into the metal of the body.
-Rattle from the glovebox latch
-Rattle from the center console above the CD player.
-Keyless entry is 'lazy' you need to press the button on the key fob multiple times to get it to unlock... this is with a brand new battery in the fob.
-Seatbelts are twisted up and I don't know how to untwist them.

All minor issues... other than that its a great truck and I got a pretty good deal on it. I like the 6.0 engine and 4L80e trans. Its got alot of power and I also like the lines of the silverado bodystyle. Its spacious and very comfortable inside. For a 3/4 ton, it rides alot better than my old f250. I have the LT package with power heated leather seats and they are not loose and work great. I have only owned it for a couple months. It has 111k on it.

Last edited by kookykrispy; 02-26-2009 at 09:25 PM.
kookykrispy is offline   Reply With Quote