View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

I spent the past couple of days working on making a dolly of sorts for the front end of the shell.

I made slotted plates that bolt onto the front stub mount, and welded them to piece of pipe, with angle iron chunks welded to the pipe to provide a flat on flat surface for the weld.

Then, I bent a piece of pipe, hapzardly and half assed, to make a yoke for a wheel I found out back. I then welded a stub of pipe onto that, which fit into a piece of pipe I welded onto the crossbar.

The camera's batteries died when I took this, so, bear with the poor quality. I'll bolt it on this weekend, and see if it works.

It's just a way I'll be able to move the shell, while the front end is unbolted. Plus, it should allow for some pretty tight cornering in the garage, thanks to the swivel mounted wheel. After it's repositioned, it'll be put back on jackstands, safe and sound.

And thats about where she stands for now. As I make a few more dollars and get further into it, progress will come at a more steady rate. But until then, I'm doing what I can that's free and cheap, and doing the best with what I have on hand.

Let's hear it!

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote