View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #109
Twisted Minis

Re: Not so budget 3-link build

Ya I generally draw stuff like that out in full scale. It helps me visualize, and then I can just measure of of it for the cuts.

Ya I don't really like just drilling a hole through the tube and running a bolt through it. It seems like the holes would oval out a bit faster to me. So I use some 1.25" DOM, and I stick some oilite bushings in them with a 3/4" ID. Then I use 3/4" .083 wall DOM as an inner sleeve to run a 9/16" bolt through. Just seems more precise to me.

Got the power wire measured out, and wrapped it in TechFlex. I found some red shrink wrap with glue inside, and I really like it. I ran it, and finally set the truck on the ground. Final pictures of that will wait until tomorrow when I get the bed on. I basically had to rebuild the entire exhaust system. I was hoping I wouldn't have to, but nothing was working. So I cut it behind the transmission crossmember and started over, moving the cat back about a foot, and it went smoother from there. It's basically a recycle exhaust system with the stock tubing, with the only new parts being the muffler I made, and a turn down out the back. I forgot to take pictures, but I will try to snap one tomorrow.