View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 PM   #24
AKoldstyle

Re: Prostreet / Dragrace 1972 blazer

I have a diagnal link in between my ladder bars, there really isnt much more i need.The truck im building is stripped down and shouldnt be very fun to street drive as the engine is solid mounted to the crossmember,solid rod ends throughout the rear suspension,front drag shocks (ie no cornering),no wipers,no heater,no radio,a 3 1/2 exhaust with mufflers thats about 30 inch long total,10 point cage to climb over, kirkey race seats,no carpet or deading mat(just rhino lining tub),and the gear drive/electrical motors whine should be lovely.

When its all said and done this will be an all steele 3400-3800 pound drag racing blazer that can be driven on the street alittle or to the strip and then raced. I have a big inch low compression motor,with a .714 lift & .268 /.276 billet solid roller cam.The heads from GM with out any work are 385cfm and now over 400cfm. My intentions are a fast pumpgas fullbodied ride, lets say low tens/high nines,no trans brake and drag radials. The gears are 3.89 tire size is 29.5 and converter will be around 3200,as the motor will make over 500 ftlbs at 2500 rpm and around 750ftlbs at 5500.
Attached Images

AKoldstyle is offline   Reply With Quote