View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #101
Lrall

Re: Here's my GMC/S10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by playinsafe44 View Post
Thanks for the info. I've heard a lot of mixed feedback with wheel spacers. Some say they are rough on wheel bearings, too dangerous to run with dropped spindles, tire/wheel shops won't work on your stuff if it has them, and some say they are just too dangerous all together. I'm stationed over here at Osan AB. I just hit my 4 year mark in the AF as a 2T2 (air trans). So far I've deployed to Kirkuk, Ali Al Salem, and had a TDY to work Katrina relief (2 weeks). I have 2 months left on my tour here at Osan, and then I'm headed back to the wife and kid at Travis AFB. They weren't kidding when they said "the military isnt a job, it's a lifestyle"
If you get hubcentric wheel spacers, which bolt onto the old lugs and have new lugs which the wheel bolts onto. I have never heard of these being dangerous for wheel bearings or drop spindles. As far as i know they are as safe as normal lugs, i think the ones you are thinking of are the ones that are more of a traditional spacer. The 'dangerous' ones are like a big washer i think
Lrall is offline   Reply With Quote