View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: I visited lmc today thought id share.

Good Thought 70CST, however, one can't beat it if they are right on the front door step (so to speak) and you need the part TODAY. Since I am a member of the Genuine Chevy GMC Truck Club of KC, there is a 10% discount over the counter. Most of what I have purchased from LMC has been things like a new fuel tank for my 91 Silverado and associated parts for it. I look for good prices in this extreme economy and between the Chevy Dealer in local town (I get "trade" prices over the parts counter), the local Sport Truck Store (the guy sells at a large discount on advertised prices) and places in KC (LMC, Classic Parts), (all within a driving time of less than an hour) I have to weigh out my options. By the way, I will be at Classic Parts this Sunday for a Truck Club meeting. They are great people.

I agree that the vendors are the best choices, but many of my purchases in the last 2 years have been to keep my DD vehicles road worthy vice fixing them up. I will be deep into their parts bins when I get my lead butt back into the garage and start on the 68 custom again.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote