Thread: my 80 build
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:53 AM   #102
flamingbig10
6.0 powered square

Re: my 80 build

Thanks Hoopty, Oh I'm a broke redneck, The way me and my dad did it was being at the wright place at the wright time, like becoming goods friends with a paint and body shop owner and helping build a fence and retaing wall, for the paint and body, me and my dad took the truck all apart at his shop, we did most of sanding and a little body, we just had to buy the materials and a little labor cost, also the motor, transmission and hood we got cheap buying through the owner, also my neighbor Dad owned a body shop/ wrecking yard I bought a lot parts 1/3 of the price cost at a regular wrecking yard.The way we did it was we took the truck down to the cab sitting on the frame and left every thing that was still good intact the brake system and rear suspension the we replace the bad body panels and ,motor with good used one, and replaced all the front and cab bushing, and worn steering components, wile the body work was taken place the front suspension put back in place then nice coat of black paint was coated on the chassis and engine compartment then the engine was back in, then all then all the body work was done then primer then white pearl paint inside the cab, fenders, doors, and door jams, then it was put back together, and I was able to drive it then a month later then it back to paint shop, then it was home for good, Then it was my chance make it look good, started off with the stuff that made the truck replaced the junkie bumper and missing grille trim with reproduction, and seats then after that I would get parts a little at a time, but almost 3 years I've been working on my close to being done which never will be but close to be looking complete, but something I would never do is try to build something that going to take 10 + years of working on it and not drive until it been finished, because there's been a bunch of people that do it that way and never get to enjoy it because there out money and have to sell, I hope my advice helps you on your truck
flamingbig10 is offline   Reply With Quote