View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 12:12 PM   #102
msgross

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack Man View Post
No real updates lately....I'm kinda stalled....Body has been in "body shop jail" and I'm a little low on funds right now...so It's all good!....However, all the body work is indeed complete and everything is now in urethane primer....

Now I'm trying to figure out the correct sequence to completing the wood bed conversion as far as paint is concerned??..

With the bed being fully dissambled, I'm wondering now, when should I do the actual assembly....after painting the loose bed panels ?.....or partial asssembly of the bed with rear cross sill and front panel only and then paint?....do I paint the intermediate sills loose ?....Or should I fully assemble everything now and just tape all the wood off ?...or maybe I can have the panels "Jammed" with paint, do the full asssembly and then paint the outside skins after the bed is back on the truck?

I originaly purchased everything except the wood and hardware thinking I could reassemble the entire bed and then simply add the wood later...but I soon realized that you can do that as all of the intermediate cross sills sandwich the wood to the bed....!

If anyone has any advise on this subject I would love to hear it!

Dan
I used some pieces of 1" board to mount the bed together pending final bed wood. There are actually 3x3x1 pieces of wood with a hole drilled in them on top of each cross sill in this pic.

I just ordered my inline tube set so hopefully it works.. Since a 68 K-10 with discs and booster never existed we'll see. The guy told me that I should run the stock distro block and use a prop valve for the rear brakes..

thoughts?
Attached Images

1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"

Last edited by msgross; 04-01-2009 at 12:14 PM.
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote