Thread: Sold my Soul
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:17 PM   #10
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Sold my Soul

Late model trucks have awesome powertrains and dependability. I just cannot stand the body design or the body quality of the 2007 later GM full sizers. GMC’s look alright, Chevy’s….not so good.

Look down the side of the bed from the tail light towards the cab and you will see two large stamping dimples that are very obvious. The front inner fenders are always hanging down below the fender and the doors do not have rocker panels to protect the bottom door edge. If you live in the salt belt the bottoms of the doors will be rusted within 5 years…..guaranteed. I saw a few durability test trucks at the Bosch Proving Grounds in South Bend, IN with rust growing on the bottoms of the doors that appeared before the simulated 5 year durability cycle.

I was on the Silverado Brand Team back in 1998 when I lived in Detroit when “The Truck” (GMT800 1999 Silverado) was launched. That was an exciting time. This new Silverado is doesn’t do a thing for me but piss me off every time I see what they did to it. They run great though! Congrats on your purchase.

See my signature…
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote