View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 04:08 PM   #18
Sillyoldman

Re: Moved a Building

Tim. My last place was on a corner lot. The fence belonged to me. It bordered two other properties. One day neighbor #1 was doing some landscaping. He brought on dirt and buried my fence about a foot deep. To his credit he fixed the problem after I told him it would rot the fence out. One day neighbor#2 decided to build a fence. I was awakened by what sounded like someone beating on my garage wall. I went to investigate. The guy was extending my fence line on my property. He didn't ask permission. I decided to let it go. Another day I went out and heard shoveling. As I looked at the fence (good neighbor type) I saw dirt seeping through the slats into my yard. The dude had my fence buried in three feet of dirt. He told me he was taking up gardening. I told him he'd better take up landscaping because the fence was not a retaining wall and the dirt had to go. The nerve of some people!

'71 Custom Deluxe C-20 402.
'67 Buick Special 455.
'49 Plymouth Special Deluxe.
"I love that old car smell"

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Sillyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote