View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #40
70 Suburban
Rods

Re: Rocker box pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkbus View Post
I think a lot of this type of thing has to do with what part of the country you live in. Here on the West coast I've never heard of a hubcap being called anything other than a hubcap. If I heard someone say wheelcover I would think of those things you put over your wheels and tires when you paint a car. I ran into this back when I was in high school and a kid moved over here from Chicago. When we would ask for a "Pop" he would look confused and ask for a "Soda". I don't think anyone is necessarily right or wrong it's just a regional thing sometimes.
no there are propper names for these items. These names come from GM not some catalog depending on location. Using the correct terminology will corrct the issue. gm on the spid calls them wheel covers so if I ask for a wheel cover there is no confusion. ist in black and white. if I ask for info on a rocker box and or panel there is no confusion. gm has laied it out for us. outer, inner, torsion. The correct termonalogy is there. its has nothing to do with the fact that I am in texas and its all if I ask for a coke I dont mean coke cola I mean whatever soda pop you may have.
70 Suburban is offline   Reply With Quote