View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
6600DURAMAX

Another BBC Motor??? Dampers

Have another engine question – Not to make this to long of post but the motor I have appears to be a 468 with an aftermarket forged crank and H-Beam rods. When I started to tear the truck down and I removed the flywheel I noticed it had no external weight on it like a normal 454, once I found out that it had a aftermarket crank I assumed this was OK it was just an internally balanced assembly (I am only assuming this as I really don’t know how to tell???? The front damper looked weird to me also, but I just figured it was a smaller aftermarket damper BUT a buddy was over the other night and started looking at it and said it was just a stock damper that someone took the outer portion off of. The damper has no timing marks on the outside and also has no external weight?? He stated I need to get a new damper. Would I get a damper for an externally balanced motor? Or does it even matter???

I will post pics of the damper tonight when I get back to my home computer but any additional help before then would be great

Thanks guys

1971 CREWMAX Build.....at body shop for couple more years
6600DURAMAX is offline   Reply With Quote