View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #25
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Moved a Building

In my town, having a non-operable vehicle is taboo. My chassis/cab are in my driveway, in front of my garage (waiting for some serious cab surgery, soon). My neighbors on either side are both divorced women with boys. I drive a school bus and we all get along. It's all good for me.

I sympathize with you and your situation. It's amazing that there are so many ignorant folks who believe they're right about everything and you are always wrong. I'm smart enough to know that I'm out of shape and should not go around trying to take someone out. However, that doesn't stop me from threatening some schoolboy on my bus, ala Roy D. Mercer.....as in, "If you don't sit down and leave him/her/that alone, I"m gonna put a knot on your head big enough for 3 zip codes.". It's a good thing they're only in the 6th and 7th grades. Seniors could whoop me....

I'd be tempted to re-create that corner with something that was permanent. When I was on the island of Taiwan, detached homes would be "fenced" with concrete walls that had broken bottles embedded in the top of the fence (in concrete). That was something they learned from the Portuguese. In your situation, I'd form and pour some decorative corners that were high enough to do some damage to a vehicle that got too close. The broken glass? That could be a liabilty, so don't do it. But a metallic item that could slash a tire? If it was curbed, it would just be a hazard from inattentive driving.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote