View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
MZ_69_chevy
Mikey likes it!

My 69 SWB build up!

I thought I would just go ahead and start one of these things up here. I'm pretty new to message boards so bare wit me on this one My truck is a 69 Chevy SWB. Originally a 6 cyl, 3speed base truck. From what I understand it was built sometime in the early 90's. When all that went down it got a 355 sbc, 4 speed muncie combo, lowered, and painted as you see in my pics that I will post. It has not been touched since. Paint is ok for now, it's cracking in a few places and there is a chunk of bondo cracking out on the driver bedside. You can feel the dent from the inside that they filled...kinda sucks. I would have just done it right myself but whatever! Overall the truck is not in bad shape at all.

The last owner bought it for his son (16th b-day present and lucky kid!). After 2 years he blew the motor. Ran low on oil and broke a rod. Everything in the motor was blue...major heat! It sat for awhile and I finally convinced him to sell it to me. I have always wanted one of these trucks and I'm sure this won't be my last. So I gave him $1500 for it and away we go!

So far I got rid of the small block/4 speed combo and put in my 468 BBC/TH400 combo. I have installed silver Autometer sportcomp gauges in the factory dash. I bought a junk 72 donor and took the disc brake setup and installed on my truck...not fun by the way! I also swapped rear ends also. Went to a 5-lug setup. Right now everything is just sitting in the truck not bolted in...except the motor..it's all mounted up! Eventually I will tear the truck all the way down and do a frame up. For now, I just want to play with it I will post pics as I go here..and hopefully do it right! Sorry in advance if I screw anything up...don't be afraid to holler at me if I'm doing something wrong!
Attached Images

1969 Chevy SWB, 468 BBC, TH400, all MSD, Lowered 5"/6" Almost ready to go!

Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...75#post3249875
MZ_69_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote