View Single Post
Old 03-13-2001, 04:49 PM   #1
clyde

Question steering column swap and other questions

Hello fellow chevy people. I am in the process of doing the power steering/ disc brake swap on my daily driver 66 fleetside. I have an 81 donor truck that came with the factory sticker indicating option codes and have not been able to find a place to download an explanation of them. I am particulary interested in finding out 1. What is a standard rear axle(1GQ1) or where can I find axle code explanation, 2. What is a "special ecomony truck"? (1Z07) (it looks like it has small headers, and has a two barrel). The engine is a 250. Does the old style (PRE 74) head bolt up onto one of these newer engines? Has anyone tried to use a 68 camaro column in the 66? If anyone out there has used the hollow shaft steering shaft (on the 81) instead of cutting and reusing the solid in the 60-66's when doing the power steering swap I would like to hear from you. As I have been driving C-10's for twenty five years I have accumulated lots of parts and may end up selling them after I am done with this latest project. Thanks in advance. clyde
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote