View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:27 PM   #30
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Re: Need you opinions on a trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwotr View Post
S/T,

The IRONIC thing was, that about an hour after the Trade, I'm driving home in my new 72 GMC.
I get a Text Message from the guy I Traded my 96 Tahoe to, and he proceeds to text..."Your Are Dishonest"!
I'm like WTF!!!
He says "Your Tahoe has Transmission problems shifting from 1st to 2nd gear".
I wanted to text him back and say "Eat ****", but I took the high road and politely told him that when the Tranny was rebuilt, they put a Shift Kit in it, and it DOES have a neck-Snapping 1st to 2nd shift.
I was up front with him on EVERY aspect of my Tahoe. I knew going into this that I would get a "Diamond In The REAL Rough", but that's what I wanted.
He on the other hand got a 96 Tahoe with Instant Heat, great AC, Power Disc Brakes, 20" Aftermarket Tires/Wheels, and so clean you could eat off the seats.
I washed, Vacuumed, cleaned the Windows and did the Tires the night before our Trade.
I always try to "Pay it Forward".
He didn't do **** when it came to cleaning his Truck.
Don't give me that CRAP about me being Dishonest!
He didn't even know that my Wife's a Cop and has been for 13 years, and I would NEVER do anything Dishonest that would REMOTELY Sully her career.
THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!

Off the Soapbox for now!
Roger
Did he seem ok with your explanation of the shift kit?
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote