View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: How I built My Dog House With Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
NOW ,,thats pretty .. nice job ,, my dog would turn the white to mud in a 1/2 day LOL ..
That`s why I built mine like this(23 years and two dogs ago).It`s got 4" foam under it with insilated walls and carpet.Roof is very well nevted.Been thinking about screwing that down on day.I store nails and junk in there for now.It`s about to go once I get to fixing the fence.That corner has always been "The Dogpatch" anyway.I used to string a hammock up and hang with the dogs where there was a shadey elm over it:

First one was Tupelo,a bigger than average Golden Reteiver.It was his for 10 1/2 years.Then Buddy,a Brittainy Spaniel.He`s still around but stays in these days.He`s about deaf,blind,and getting lame...13 years old.I had a cable run across the property.Buddy figured out he could release the plasic clasp on his collar to go across the road where he heard little kids playing.I got a collar with an old fashioned metal buckle and he`d slip out of that.I tryed tighter an he got off it.I wouldn`t tighten anymore.Got him a harness.Came home to find the harness and no dog.Thought about a name change to Hoodeeny.The problem was the woman would let him in the house,on the couch,fed him their food while they were eating,she took him in the shower with her?!!! Definately had him confused.I`m supposed to keep my dog on my property,but c`mon!Get your own damn dog and stop making mine want to run off every chance he gets!Some people...

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote