View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Beatcoaster
69 Fleetside

Brothers gets my vote.......

.....for the worst e-tailer of the year.

Excuse my rant here but I just need to vent. I ordered multiple items and nearly $700 worth of parts from them over the past few weeks and here is the list of issues I have had so far...

Dash pad - warped but I will live with it(cause it costs so much money to ship this sized item back!!)
Heater controls - pure cheap garbage, rust on face, chipped chrome, scratched plastic knobs, sent back without question
Headlight switch - incorrect, sent back - twice(see below)
Under carpet sound deadening - whole truck stinks like tar paper, do not order, and just get some eDead45 from ebay!!
Sill plates - didn't come with screws(was suposed to), second package sent didn't include them either(was supposed to) - frustration builds
Tachometer conversion - in stock when ordered, but not shipped and now is still on backorder, going on 3 weeks+
Their Website seems broken, with no tracking info and previous order info - packages are on my doorstep without any notice/tracking info to me
Shipping costs Work with UPS to get better rates, the $10 shipping fee you want for shipping a rubber pedal pad is comical

And then to top it all off, I get this service today when calling them...

So I call Brothers regarding them sending me the wrong headlight switch - again, and I get this chick on the phone. (backstory here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=337831) I explain what I need and say "it is pictured correctly on your website but whoever is in the warehouse has them mislabeled" so she starts in on this long winded story about how the photo on the website may be wrong compared to what I get blah blah blah(uh, no it shouldn't!!) and I say "I keep getting the wrong switch, I want the one on your website and the labels are incorrect in your warehouse so I am shipped the wrong one, now, for the second time" So she asks me if I have a catalog in front of me to check the part number, and I say "no, I am at work, but I have the website and it is the exact same thing, again I say "your warehouse has them misprinted, the part is a 60-63 switch I need a 64-72 one, these are labeled incorrect" So she puts me on hold for 5 minutes for something and comes back again with a story of how I am wrong and their warehouse is correct. I don't budge cause I know I am right and explain how their website is correct, just look at it, "that is the part I need"....she huffs and puffs and she puts me on hold again to go back to the warehouse and pull the part. She comes back and starts describing the smaller correct switch style and I say "does it have that orange front piece" and she says "no it's clear" I say ok, "that is the correct switch but the wrong manufacturer, I paid extra for the original AC Delco switch" She says ok, I will ship that one to you, and ends the call at that...just ends it, no "thank you for your business", no "I will make sure it is right this time", no "sorry for the inconvenience we will send a post paid box with this next one for your current return" nothing...a truly unbelievable lack of customer service

It took about 15 minutes in all, and I still don't know if I will be getting the correct switch. For the love of god, just pull up your own company's website and you can notice that it doesn't match up, with what is in your hand.

If they send me the crappy reproduction switch I am going to go ballistic on them cause this $20 switch has already cost me $38 due to me shipping it back to them twice now!!!!!

I will never do business with them again and the $50+ I have spent on returning items to them is money I could have spent on more parts....so frustrating, and I advise all others to purchase with caution...

In comparison, LMC sent a hand written thank you card, and has already got my backordered parts to me with updates and tracking info all along the way, correct parts every time.

Last edited by Beatcoaster; 04-16-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Beatcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote