View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #35
Rokcrln

Re: LFD's XXL DropMember I6 Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Also kevin how much torque is used on the crosshaft nuts as noone seems to know?
Great question let me see if I can give a short but detailed answer.
First off what size joint are you using? Does it have splines on both ends or one end with a DD on the other or is it a DD on both ends? Then if it has the DD style is it the large or small? And lastly how many joints in the system 1, 2 or a max of 3? Then what brand joint is it and how was it heat treated, oil bath fast quench or a slow cool off with DTE? Ok I am almost done, does it have the thin jamb nut or the thicker regular nut?

Now that we know just what we are using and how many in the system we can get to the important part of this. Are you going to use a standard or a left hand 7/16 or 1/2" wrench to torque them down. Make sure you keep the Allen wrench in the center while you torque the nut down with ether the left hand or regular wrench. Once that is done check to make sure their is not play in the system and you are set to rock and roll.

Sorry it was long winded but as you can see their is allot to take in to get to the answer.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote