View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #10
combustion

Re: would our trucks be considered muscle trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
it`s not about the body style.It`s about the drivetrain.A Nova,Malibu,Biscayne,etc isn`t a muscle car until it comes equipped for perormance.The term didn`t exist until the era had passed.We used the term "Detroit Muscle" back then to refer to american factory performance rides.That`s what the "Muscle Cars" name evolved from.
Those lil`Red Wagons were ater the Muscle Car era and just an appearance package.A Plain Jane`63 D100 with wide block 318 could outrun a 360 Lil`Red wagon.Now,about the 383 equipped Dodge rom the muscle car era that I`d consider a muscle truck.
Darn,I can`t find the ad with Don Knotts arguing over the "Dude
package truck equipped with 383 and racing stripes from`71.The argument was over it being for work or play.
Since the term muscle car is not a factory term and created by the public,i`d say there is no argument.You are both right.It`s in your perception.You two could also run down a list of cars from this era and argue some are or are not muscle cars.Is a Cadillac Coupe de Ville with a 500 a muscle car?It`s the biggest motor out in a sport coupe that goes back to the depression era when the largest American cars had the big motors and built for sport and speed.I say it`s in the eye of the beholder.Nothing to argue over.
wow i got the whole cake. lol
If it`s 3.73 ratio you will spint the wheel 100 times to the driveshaft`s 373 times.Or,if you`re lazy,you could just spin the wheel once and the driveshaft will spin 3.73 times.Or, 3 and 3/4 turns.And if you`re real lazy,I can sell you a tab for whatever ratio you want.
Or,you could read all the suggestions and try those.It`s been well explained,I think,already.
combustion is offline   Reply With Quote