Thread: Custom bumpers
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
Burt4x4

Re: Custom bumpers

Here you can kinda see what I have going on under there.
See the bottom of my fuel tank skid plate I made. Then the hitch is about the same hight from the ground. I often 'feel' that hitch hit the ground/rock/whatever, but I'm totaly cool with that. It keeps the rest of the truck off the obstical.
The tail pipe is kinda in the way but you can see the bumper mounting bracket. That bracket goes into the bumper and is welded inside and out, front of the tube and the back of the tube (welded up before I capped off the 3"x8"x6' tube). The hitch is actually part of the frame now cuz it is welded to the end of the frame as well as bolted to it. that sucker is going NOWERE! hahahaa
I have yanked out many fullsize rigs out of mud and sand and even with my 454 that bumper does not move one bit. The frame would have to brake before it came loose or bent

Oh ya one other thing that hitch is good for, briging dirt home from MOAB hahaha RED dirt was stuffed into the hitch and I left it there..made it althe way back to Cali hehehee
More coffee
I need ot go wheeling...this web wheeling is not filling the need! I am heading to Pismo for Mamorial weekend so IT'S AWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok maby less coffee heheheh
Late