View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #23
COc10cst50th

Re: Intro and My project and project woes

Well after I finally got the engine back in the truck fired right up..... yay!
HOWEVER, the tranny was not shifting past 1st gear….so I took it to my favorite mechanic shop Al De Mark (Costilla and tejon), and had the tranny pulled and rebuilt with heavy duty parts, replaced the factory torque converter to a B&M 2500stall high performance. The Radiator was sent to Manny's radiator shop to fix a crack in the radiator end cap where the upper radiator hose attaches.
Picked it up yesterday, filled her up with Premium unleaded and drove her around for a while.
The tranny now works flawlessly and will be able to with stand any performance mods I want to throw at it. The only part I need to replace is the 3 to 1 transmission kick-down switch (pedal mounted) as its it not completing the circuit under WOT.
Another bad thing is after sitting for 2 years the brand new alpine deck in the truck will not play any CDs…..so that needs to be replaced as well. The only mechanicals that have not been replaced on the entire truck are: Alternator, Power steering pump, Steering gear, Brake booster and master cylinder.
I have a complete new interior for the truck which I will be installing on Sunday.

Pics for clicks:

Now for Wheels/Tires, a blower and airbags.

what do you all think?
COc10cst50th is offline   Reply With Quote