View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
silky

Re: passenger window off it's track

Hey,

thanks for the reply.

She has the truck at a local chain mechanic plasce. I am going to give them th ebenefit of the doubt because they have been fairly good with previous repairs. Although they did hit her with the lifetime brake pad scam.....sell you 10$ brake pads and everytime you come back offer to swap them just for the price of labour....which is like $200! Oh well, She got 3 years out of those pads so who can complain I guess.

I have read the posts about that speedometer problem. Unfortunately, that recall/repair thing does not apply in Canada, and her truck has about 100,000 miles on it now anyways. The part is $500. The kicker is that she would have to wait 2 weeks to get one. This seems indicative of GM's problems. Selll an expensive truck with many problems, then don't stock the parts to fix the problems. She is putting in a used speedometer for $300....eventhough i told her it will probably break!

Sigh. Well normally I would do all this myself but it's in the middle of exam time at school and she has to have it certified and emissions tested by wed.

thanks !

oh, can you repair the tray? Obviously it's just a clip that broke off the tray which holds the window in place. Could this not be fixed or atleast can I mcgiver it?
silky is offline   Reply With Quote