View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 12:24 AM   #29
72blue

Re: Project: 1971 Chevy K10 (56K Warning.....65 large pics!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_3/4ton_chevy View Post
lol thats what i was meaning...

question for you guys, that cross member that is right in front of the rear axle is either cut or rusted out. Does anyone one know if that goes straight across or does it come up and then go back down or dp down? any one know what i am asking? lol
It is pretty much strait but with some recess in the center. I would recommend getting one from a parts truck, it will have to be a leaf spring truck though...if I am wrong someone will let you know. BTW, great start, I did same and took 3 yrs like MR GROSS. Was just gonna b a quickie resto though. LOL. Keep on it and you will have it faster, just keep in mind that if you modify lots of things that it takes longer to set it all up like for example different axles from other model trucks or big block, newer style tranny and aftermarket interior from other rigs that will require fab work. That being said, others could do all that super quick, but me the "jack of all master of none" and redoing several things more than once took way longer than planned.

James