View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #29
wancosc356
I Like Mine With No Shine!

Re: My 67 Build Thread

Update:
So I got some new battery cables installed. Replaced the fan and a/c belt. Also had the alternator tested and it failed. Replaced that too. Noticed Im gonna have to go through my wiring due to melting and rat/mouse nibbling. Oh, and my alternator bracket was cut, spaced and re welded. Then a spacer put in the bolt. Weird but I guess it works. I started her up and she started pretty good. Still haven't found the right air filter. I went to pull the choke button and it popped off. Bummer. And then I gave the engine a few revs without the choke and I got a nice puff of black smoke. And went and looked and I have black oil spatter on the ground. Not a good thing. I guess I'm gonna pull the motor and have it rebuilt. I don't wanna go V8 and don't really wanna drop a diesel in this one. So Im gonna have the 292 rebuilt. I am hoping some of you guys could chime in and give me suggestions on the rebuild. As far as good parts and who to order from. I want the motor to be reliable and run good. Some extra power would be great. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by wancosc356; 05-09-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling
wancosc356 is offline   Reply With Quote