View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #29
pilzy1

Re: Do's/Don'ts of Engine Cleaning (Tell us your experiences...)

Simple green is great, I use it all the time and even pressure wash the underside of my bigrig with it and it works! I dont dilute it if I'm cleaning something dirty but will 50/50 it if I'm wiping off grease off the paint/front end before I actually wash that way the grease doesnt get in the microfiber wash mit and streak the whole vehicle. I also use it @ 100% on billet or polished alum wheels etc and DO NOT use soap since soap puts a white film on aluminum and dulls it. Simple green sprayed on your wheels will make the brake dust dribble down and simply spray them off and your shine will last longer and make sure to wash them when their cool, not after a 100 mile drive or whatever you wash them with will dry right onto the finish in seconds. I also wash my vehicles with spot free water start to finish and it helps not spot anything, washing a whole bigrig by myself is a chore but has just a few spots with the spot free water and it DOES make a difference. I have a 50 gallon plastic tank I throw in the bed of the truck, go get spot free at the local water store (about $10) use it thru my pressure washer and it saves alot of work in drying and polishing. Hope it helps.
pilzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote