View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: Another Siding Job:Historic

You should see the back.Inside the back room the floor steps up about 3 feet(crawlspace).That floor is torn out and it`s because there`s a big boulder inside.there`s a triangle shaped concrete step in the corner they wanted busted out.Me and the general contractor (known him long time) both advised against opening that can of worms.We are sure it`s part of that boulder under there.The back foundation is built right off the boulders.Been that way for about 200 years.The whole town is granite.Look up those steps between the builings(3rd pic).That`s the house behind it on the next street.
I`ll get some pictures out back and inside.Also pictures with bare rame,sheathing,and other "during" shots.
All I can say about this town,women sure like to shop there.A painful thought for me.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote