View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Seasonal Project:Screen Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I`ve wanted screen doors for years.Every year I try to get away with just circulating air with fans until I give in to a/c.I`ve gone all summer w/o a/c(since my wife left),except my son`s room.It`s a sunroom and gets hot w/o it.Although I give in due to moisture more than heat,I still want to get more air through with all the area a screen door provides.I started with the back door rom my laundry room.It`s the morning sun side and the coolest.I blow air from there and up the steps where I pick it up with a smaller circulaor(Patton air circulators(fancy for fan).Yesterday I dug out some 5/4 cedar from the rack,the bisquit cutter,mitre box,weldwood exterior glue,and stainless finish screws and went to town.

It`s all fitted up and ready for screen and screen stop.I`ll need a grate on the lower 1/2 due to cat claws.I guess I can fix the weatherstrip now and the screen door will protect that.That`ll be nice next winter.
Time to go buy some hinges,handle,and grate material tomorrow.I have two other doors to do,hopefully this year.
Looks good en Square Tim,, It remeinds me of all the ones I opened and shut as a kid .. Now mine and most everyones is metal out here ,,I can say that I never built a screen door..

Are you fixing things up to sell ? I remember you saying you might go up on some mountain .. I am getting the itch to sell out and go some where that is sunnier and not so much pollen ..
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote