View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #55
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Project Whiskey Dent (Take Two..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimE View Post
The crossmember that you have looks like one out of a Camaro. Does it have some drop to it where the mount goes or is it level? (I don't recall fo sure, but I was thinking it did drop some.) The reason I ask is the stock style x-member is level with the bottom of the frame (maybe even "slightly" higher than the frame). Dependant upon your x-member, the motor "should" level up pretty well once you get a tranny mount installed.

On the PS lines, just slightly notch the frame for clearance and you're good to go!

Nice score on the parts too!!

That passenger car trans crossmember is more that likely going to cause you issues with the trans being too low. I would suggest getting a truck trans crossmember. You can use one out of any auto trans truck from '69-'87 unless you need the original style with the ebrake bracket. If you need one of those let me know. Anyway when you mount your engine you want the output shaft of the trans to be parallel with the pinion shaft in the rear end.. I don't think you'll be able to achieve this with that passenger car trans crossmember.

Glad to see you're making some progress. Have you found some headers yet?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote