View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:07 AM   #10
70k52wd
Blaze-Air

Re: How many use Spray-On Detailer's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
I've had a California duster in storage for about 3-4 years now, so I guess I need to finally break the packaging and start using it.
It's true what they say. The dirtier it gets, the better it works.
And yea, I think your new baby deserves the best care possible.
Just for instance, the paint on my truck is 25 yo. It has been washed a minimum of times. Actually it goes years without water hitting it. Every weekend when I showed it. I wax it. Then I get to show and use detailer on it. I get home and detailer once more, cover it. Next weekend, I would pull cover, california duster it. Wax it, go to show. Repeat process. The longest I've gone without getting it wet, other than sitting in the garage; I went around 3.5-4 years before I had to strip it and start process over. Right now, I'm thinking of a wet sanding and buff. The paint is thin in places though.
I clay bar about 2-3 times a year. That's a huge step in protection. If you think your paint is free of debris. Wash, wax, then run the back of your hand over it. Feels smooth right? Now, clay bar it and feel the difference. It will be noticeable. Then wax it.
Since I'm rambling. One more wax trick. I have only done this a few times myself. After you wax. Rinse with really cold water, then dry as usual. It's supposed to give the wax a harder setup. I got that tip from Lowrider Mag. They would actually put ice in a bucket of water to pour over a fresh wax job. Those guys really know how to treat there High dollar paint jobs. That's where I learned to remove wax in a straight line also.
70k52wd is offline   Reply With Quote