View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #120
americanmusc1e

Re: 383 or 5.3?????????

Thanks for all the replies, I had no Idea that this was such a hot topic:

I decided to go with the 383, and before you say anything, read my reasons.

1. Love the old-school look, in my opinion, a smallblock just looks better in my engine bay.

2. I have a good 700r4 with less than 1000 miles on it that I want to keep. IMO, a LSx swap would be much easier with a th400/350 or a 4L80/60, the 700r4/2004r tv cable is too sensative, and it sounds like a lot of trouble to fabricate up a bracket. plus, I run the risk of burning up a $1300 transmission.

3. my truck has been down long enough, a LSx swap will burn time, I WANT TO DRIVE MY TRUCK THIS SUMMER.

4. SIMPLICITY, I like to keep my truck as simple as possible. the 383 is simple in terms of wiring and tuning

before I go any farther, I must mention that I am a computer geek and the wiring and computer tuning do not bother be at all, As a matter of fact, I'll probably do an LSx swap in the future on something. (probably a 3rd gen camaro)

I think that the LSx and the 383 are both very strong motors that can both make some serious horsepower. but in my case, 383 is the engine of choice.

as far as mileage, I think a LSx might do better, but mileage is not one of my concerns, the 700r4 is there for my mileage

some of yall may not like my choice, and I may regret it later, but I just think the 383 is cool in an old school truck. I'm not bashing the LSx, but its just not right for my truck.

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES.

Instagram: @americanmusc1e

OLD SKOOL-- 1970 C10. 454/Th400/3.07 posi Build Thread
FARM TRUCK----1949 Chevrolet 3800 Power Wagon Hauler Build Thread

1999 4wd OBS Tahoe - daily.

DM me if you can't see photos i posted
americanmusc1e is offline   Reply With Quote