View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #40
wancosc356
I Like Mine With No Shine!

Re: My 67 Build Thread

Update:

Well, I got the engine running much better. I believe the oil out the exhaust was due to a stuck valve or something. Who knows. But its not doing it anymore. I pulled the carb and cleaned it up. Popped on a new air filter. New carb fuel filter and inline fuel filter. Tried to clean the tank as best I could without too much work. I don't plan on keeping the tank so I just dumped the old stuff and put in some fresh stuff and lucas fuel treatment. She starts up with no problem and hardly hesitates and sounds pretty decent too!

I also picked up another 67 cab, which is in much better shape than mine. It included a clean/uncut dash, 67 seat belt set, gas tank, clean small rear window, clean/uncut driver and passenger doors with all hardware and inner panels, and no holes in the roof or floor. I also picked up a nice set of 15 inch 6 lug rallys with 235/75r15 tires in good condition. Already mounted those on the truck and man does it look better. All thanks to Pete. Thanks again man!

Anyways, I will try to post some pics soon of the new stuff. I'm kinda holding off on tearing down the truck right now. Im still waiting for my paperwork to register it and title it. Once I get that taken care of, I will tear it down and have fun breaking those old bolts loose. My shopping list keeps changing on a daily basis. I can't wait.

On a side note, in order to run a 4/6 drop, will I need to c notch the rear???
wancosc356 is offline   Reply With Quote