View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
AJLChase

Amazing what some people do

Well, I had recently purchased a 69 c10 from a guy with no motor and no tranny which was fine because I want to put a 454 in it anyways. Well, upon talking to the guy he did tell me for a fact the floor would need replaced which I didn't think was a big deal as I have a buddy who can weld and said it wouldn't be a problem. Well, after tearing up the carpet it was very clear that pretty much the whole floor does need replaced. Also, when I first got it I noticed a strange kinda of texture to the kick panels. I couldn't tell if it was remnants left over from kick panel carpet glue or something rubbing on it, it just looked odd and not smooth at all. Mind you, the truck was orginally a Olive green color, was repainted a Turqouise green and now the outside is in primer.

So, today I pulled up all of the carpet, removed the bench seat and pulled the gas tank out. To my surprise I noticed a piece of duct tape kind of hanging out in the bottom corner of the cab floor opposite the cab corners. After pulling and watching the inner corner tear and seperate before my eyes in one big solid piece I noticed a huge hole underneath it. Somebody actually took the time to Mold Duct tape into the shape of a inner cab corner and painted it along with the rest of the interior. Now I know that in both of my inner cab corners and both of my kick panels are now duct tape. WoW.
AJLChase is offline   Reply With Quote