View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:50 PM   #60
scoyote

Re: '72 Frame Up Rebuild

Here's some pictures from today that I took with a camera.
The picture I posted yesterday was taken with my phone camera.

These look more orange.....the color is called "hugger orange" and I can get the code for you if you want but I think you can google it. It was a stock color in 1972.

It's a lot of orange right now but with front and rear MTO custom fabbed bumpers powder coated black, black rock sliders, black roll bar, black gauge cluster, black frame, black axles......I think when it's all bolted together it should look pretty good.....in fact.....I know it will ;-)

I had Evercoat shot on the entire bottom of the tub and fenders, inside all the seams and double coated all overlaps......that should stop it from rusting out in the next 37 years.

I have some pictures on page 1 of this thread of the body being pulled off.

There is a 4x4 shop down the road from my house that does all my work (MTO Suspension and Fabrication) and they are doing all the work on it except for the easy stuff that I can do (like painting the frame, axles ....stuff like that). MTO rocks....nothing those guys can't handle that I have found yet.

They used the lift to pull the body off the frame and Royce's Custom Auto is doing the paint and body work and they used a fork lift with long forks to stick through the windshield and you can see the straps they have bolted to the seat belt mounts. They put the body back on that way.

I'm not sure what the gas cap came off of, he had it so we used it. I wanted to get away from that elbow knocker ;-)

Anyway, here's some more pics.....I'll post more as more progress is made.
Attached Images

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote