View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #27
scoyote

Re: New Soft top info

OK, here's what I'm thinking now.

They make a "U" channel that really is a circle with a slot cut out of it.

It's used for RV awnings and maybe some other applications.

There is a stiff cord that is threaded into the channel and the cord is larger than the slot so it stays put.

I'm working on getting one bent and putting it on the outside of the window channel where all the snaps would go.

I don't really mind putting in 6 smaller screws to hold the channel, I mean I gotta do something.

Then I'm going to stop by Larrys again and see if I can have him leave off the snaps on one of the tops for me and sew in that stiff cord.

Then I should be able to "thread" the front of the top into the channel and maybe have some small loops sewn in right at the roll bar to wrap around the bar to take some of the stress off of the front connection.

That's the direction I'm going in right now.....unless I hear of a better option.

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote