View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #33
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Problems with GMC Pauls?

Anyone who is in business and deals with the public, will bring about problems from time to time. In my opinion, how the vendor deals with the customer is what defines customer service.

I dealt with a company in CA, almost 30 years ago, called IECO. They sent me a kit designed to be an enhanced tune-up kit, including points, plugs, condensor, and carburetor jets. On the outside of the box was written: We didn't use the jets you sent us because they wouldn't fit". Guess what? The jets in that box didn't fit my carburetor, either. To rectify the issue, I was instructed to send it all back in the same box. In response to that, I got a new box, with the same stuff I had sent them, plus they broke the spark plugs before putting them back in the box. At that time, I was P.O.'d!

IECO is out of business. Good enough for me.

As for anyone in business, drop-shipments are part of life. We have this WalMart mentality that says we can go to a vendor and he/she will have everything in stock and ready to ship. I don't care who you are, if you are a vendor, you know you can't possibly have everything that anyone might think about ordering. There are lots of businesses that are a lot larger that shutter their doors and sell off their inventory and there will be items that go back for decades that fit obselete whatevers and orphan vehicles.

Based on what Liz said and Paul's documentation, I think (IMO) he's doing what he can and offers "Customer Service".

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.

Last edited by ChevLoRay; 06-15-2009 at 10:30 AM.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote