View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
ghettoluxury

Red face Re: frame pics of slammed trucks with gooseneck balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post
Allow me to throw in my .02 on the subject.

First off, slammed truck, well they just look cool.But they aren't very practical.
You want to lower your truck a little, great, do it with air bags, and make sure if you notch the frame that it is welded solid, and that you box it in fore and aft of the notch, because if you don't, you are going to have issues. As well, you can build a goose neck ball mount right into the top of your bridge. It will work well. but you will need to again make sure everything is structural.
I promise you this though, if you make your truck functional you will enjoy it much more.
That being said, instead of taking the time and effort to make your truck into a slammed truck, why not make it into a functional truck that is a pleasure to use and drive!
MRBEAST, my fabrication skills are not in question here I have been Building custom vehicles for the past 10 years. I was just lookin for pics so that I could begin bouncing ideas in my head, that being said if a vehicle is being built for a specific purpose than it is a functional vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCampbell View Post
Eh...everyone's entitled to an opinion.

It can be done. Lot's of guys do it with nary and issue. Build it the way you want it.

You can also check out www.duallyscene.com for more info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig rig View Post
my truck is lowered and I drive it like a truck with or with out a trailer and I know several guys that tow with lowered trucks cross country so to each his own.

and to set the record strait chase aka dragnasty didnt sell his truck because he wasnt happy with it or he couldnt use it like a truck it was sold to help with the down payment on his house

hey getto go to dually scene and look around in the builds theirs lots of pictures of gooseneck ball jobs

Jason and pig rig thanks for the info like i said lookin for ideas

1949 Five Window, 1973 Step Side, 2000 Z71
ghettoluxury is offline   Reply With Quote