View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Re: Thanks for asking.....here is project: Patina'd

As stated earlier in the build thread, once I knew I could "probably" get 18.5's under there, I began my search. Since this was a budget build, I wanted to keep everthing as cheap and used as possible. Finally, some big ole meats popped up on craigslist. I watched them or a couple of months and watched the price just keep falling. I knew there were special application and most rigs couldn't use them. I called the guy up and asked if he would take $100 for both (they still had the nubbins on them) and he said yes. They even came with M/T natural rubber racing tubes that I sold on eBay for more than I paid for everthing! When I got them home and rolled them up next to the old tires......I got a little scared about them fitting because they were so big. Time would tell.

Next thing I did was call up Early Wheel and ordered some 15x14 rallys. Believe me.....I must have measured 20 times before I called in with the backspacing. I knew there was no sending back. I ordered them with an 8.75 backspace (funny how that's the total width of man guy's rims!!) and had the tires mounted. After re-adjusting my panhard bar to make sure the rear end was perfectly centered, I lowered down the truck to realized that I had a perfect fit. Even had a little room for bed flex.

Note in the last pic I used just a couple of steel plates to get the rake just right. The last plate is an aluminum pinion wedge. I really think these are a good idea if you are really lowering your truck so you can bring your pinion angle back!!
Attached Images

Last edited by prostreetC-10; 06-20-2009 at 12:22 AM.
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote