View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #1399
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: My 1965 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964C10 View Post
That orange is really looking good on my truck Alan ;-)

Awesome work! They didn't even look that nice from the factory!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post

Now that side shot shows why the man-hours are so important (and expensive).

Mac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
Man that's straight. Really good job Allan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh64pkup View Post
alan i think you might make it to 100 pages
the truck looks great
X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 Suburban View Post
Dont know if your still dealing with the headers but mine are from a 72 4wd blazer. They fit all the way around...i had to hammer tune one little spot over the engine mount
I need to sell the ones I bought before I get any new ones. BTW which engine perches are you running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964C10 View Post
Of course that is also the drawback, that smooth of a paintjob and everyyyyy body wants to touch it (with their sticky, greasy little fingers ;-)
I remember the old car shows when nobody touched or even got close to the cars. I've been noticing lately that's not always the case now-a-days. For the most part most people know proper manners at a car show. Hate to have to put a car alarm on at a car show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
True Dat - my buddy put $30k into his black paint and body work (on his 65' SS Chevelle) and last summer at a street show down town some homeless dude did too quick of a turn next to it with a back pack, with huge buckles attached.

Took a couple of grand off that car's value in an instant.
That really sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyTheDrummer View Post

Man it reached about 110 yesterday with ridiculous humidity. We could only pull off 3 hours in the shop even with a fridge full of water.
I completely understand. I just love it when we get a rain shower then the sun comes out. It's like a steam room with all of the steam coming up off the pavement and rolling in the shop.

Quote:
It's been nice here. But the past few days it was too windy. Temps in the high 70's to 80.
Go ahead and rub it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 Suburban View Post
Been thinkin about moving back to japan...its like 110 and 100% ...black flag most days
I remember those days in the Phillipines

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbed70 View Post
Lookin good alan I have been trying to work on mine but 112 degrees with heat index today is too much for me after working all day in it. Looks awsome man...
Yeah I get home after a long hot day and spend some time with the family and dry out. It takes alot of motivation to go out and do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffrida2005 View Post
I think I've lost about 10 pounds in the last couple of days just from being in the shop!

Quote:
I think I lost a few pounds walking the LA Roadster show/Swap Meet Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgh64pkup View Post
yeah today was not a good day to grind, cut, weld, or put a brake and clutch pedal assembly in a late model mustang.
when will i learn
It's called dedication.

Got the lift to work and got it running.

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote