View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #46
1964C10

Re: Project: SUT (Simple Utility Truck)

Thank you for the compliments Nuke!!

I would like to do more radical things as well further down the road but right now I just don't trust driving it since its bone stock and nothing was ever really done to it, so I have these visions of getting stuck at this HUGE intersection with me trying to push it out of traffic lol. So my first goal is to get it dependable as well as removing 40+ years of oil and grime so I can at least touch it without getting totally covered.

I get the hammered paint at Home Depot, its just regular Rustoleum, I am not sure how long it will last but for the time being I am sure it will last several years. The stuff goes on nicely and is nice and hard.

I hear you about the chrome. I got some free rims chrome rims on my truck now, they are hammer forged Weld Racing rims but the chrome is terrible!! peeling in sheets and pitting everywhere. Disclaimer: these were made before the company went BK and was bought out, I dont know what their quality is now. I have been thinking about finding someone who could strip the chrome and polish them.

I found the brake line by going to my local dune buggy shop with my stock hose, they matched up the ends. It takes an adapter at either end. If you want I can post the details. And yes you are right I could not find them anywhere in SS for the rear.

My build thread
Looking for help on completing the Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

If you didn't build it, you don't really own it
1964C10 is offline   Reply With Quote