Thread: 1950 sKOOL BUS
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
sweet70beast

Re: 1950 sKOOL BUS

Update,
Derric (KDRodworks316 on the forum) and I went over the other day and barrowed a tractor to wake the sleeping giant. Well it took about 3 hours and the help of 2 other friends and a pick up to get her out. She was very happy being where she was. I found out that it was bought in 1970 and put here and used for storage. In 1976 the Teton Dam broke and flooded most of the valley luckly the water only came up to the top of the fenders. I say luckly because of the devastation now adays it's hard to find much around here older than 76 although it is possible. Anyway back to the story,the motor is a newer full pressure 235, but it seems to be seized. The oil cap is gone so either it was locked up when parked, locked up from sitting or water from the flood got in. The guy I bought it from said that his dad (who bought it in 70) always said it didn't have an engine, when I poped the hood he was suprised to see the motor, so I'm leaning toward it was locked up when they got it.
As you can see from the pics after 40 years the bus sank into the dirt so that the axles and body were on the ground we finally managed to get it out and were suprised to see that two of the tires still had air in them, a front one (second pic) and a back one. We are going to head back on saturday and see if we can fill the tires, bleed the brakes and drag her home.
I will try to get more pics outside and interior on saturday. Jared
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
1968 Chevy Bel Air
1976 Chev C-10
1972 Skylark (suncoupe)
1 of 3943 made
sweet70beast is offline   Reply With Quote