View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: 3 fitting mechanical fuel pump question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrusty View Post
I had a fuel pump issue which may be along this thread...its been resolved by Plan B, but still curious. I swapped out the beat-to-heck 400 sb for an 65 'vette built 350. When we tried to put on the fuel pump from the 400 into the place on the 350 that was clearly for a mechanical pump, the pump didnt work! No gas, no nothing. I got a 350 pump from AutoZone, it looked totally the same...and didnt work. Why would this be the case? Arent these things the same? Cam wasnt changed for something that fits differently in the 350, so...?

In the end, I put on a high flow racing pump, and got a holley return line regulator. Havent put on the regulator, but...live in eternal hope. Be nice to have an explanation tho.
All small block fuel pumps are interchangeable. Could it have been an issue with the pushrod not contacting the pump arm. Although I don't know if you could actually tighten down the pump if it wasn't. So I assume you're running an electric fuel pump now?
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote