View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:36 AM   #19
texasfunk

Re: 1987 Chevy Silverado project

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingbig10 View Post
looking good, on the rattle can paint job you'll need to it sand down the original paint or even down to the bare metal, and on the body panels if there pretty straight then stripped down and repair and it all depends how much sanding and body work you want to do
yea, i figured that, its going to be a project for school next semster, i am going to paint it, but i only have 8 weeks, so i was trying to think of the fastest route, my proffesor needed some parts for his 86, and he had a set of brand new fenders in the box, and gave them to me for the parts he needed, and i have the good doors off the burban, so that part is a breeze, now the bed :S

got another deal! i was stripping one of the parts burbans, and aguy passed by and asked if i was going to use the lower door panels, i told him no and he asked if id trade him the panels for some wheels, well in the back of his truck he had 4 15x8 rallys, and i needed some siince the ones off my stepside got stolen, so he traded them. they were in great condition! cleaned them up, added some more paint, in my back yard my dad had a set of pretty good 255/70/15 road huggers and told me i could have them, now i need 2 more center caps and 3 trim rings. search continues..
(g/f got a pic of me working. haha)
texasfunk is offline   Reply With Quote