View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #86
Hilandr451

Re: Historical/ This I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964C10 View Post
Sounds like a great idea. How can we make sure that once we get to X number of pages that facts aren't duplicated without a poster having to read through all pages and potentially missing something. Could we have like a summary page that is maintained by a moderator?

Well, I can't speak for John, but as a fellow 60-66 Chevy Truck Forum moderator, I know I would want to "maintain" as little as possible. It's hard enough having to read every post to make sure every body's playing nice!

I wouldn't mind doing that on my web site though:Hilander's 1960-1966 Chevy Truck Website

I could glean all pertinent information (along with bibliography) from the midst of the comments and discussion and list facts (giving credit to the person who provided it) according to categories on my web page with an index that I would maintain, which could then be linked to from this forum! Just like my wiring diagrams & idea pages are already. So no matter how long this thread gets, you could always quick link to the facts page on my site for a quick review under a specific topic.

It would mean a lot of sifting & typing and layout, but I think it would be worth it in the long run to provide reliable, easy to find information. A place for a Chevy nut to find out more about the heritage of his or her project. Meanwhile this thread would carry all of the discussion and commentary that makes forum threads fun to post in.
Highlander's web site: www.6066ChevyTrucks.com
Hilandr451 is offline   Reply With Quote