View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #20
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred"

Well, I lowered the front end last night, then put the kids to bed and went back out and finished waxing it.

Tonight I got the heated 3-wire O2 sensor installed and wired up. Then tweaked the timing a little.

Then, for the dumb-dumb move, I found a fresh bottle of fuel injector cleaner, and it just happen to be the size to treat 16 gallons of gasoline! Bonus! So, out of habit I walked over to the drivers side tank and dumped it in. Then, as the last drop came out of the bottle, it hit me like a ton of bricks. The fuel selector switch was set on the right tank, the one with almost a full tank, NOT the left tank! DOH!!!!! OK, so at least when I fill that tank it will be ready to clean the injectors.

Otherwise, not much more done tonight. Found a loose bolt on one of the front bumper brackets, and tightened up a few on the grill. Found the radiator to be almost 3/4 of a gallon low. Then once I had it filled back up, I filled to overflow tank on the fender to the "COLD" level. At that point I found a leak at the hose running from it to the radiator. Fixed that leak, now the cooling system is good to go. Topped off the rest of the fluids.

I pulled the firewall mounted trouble light off of the Burb and started to clean it up. I'll install that on the truck sometime over the weekend.

I'm trying to get in touch with another board member that has a good maroon rear crew cab seat to see if I can get that from him. If so, I'll swap it out for this seat. This one is really comfy, but is worn in a couple spots.

Oh, I also got all the presets on the AM/FM/CASS radio set to my favs!

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote