View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #141
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

Re: The Project formerly known as "E.P." now known as Bruise N' Cruise

Thanks for the kind words Theresa, I've been hard at work on the truck for some time, granted it's been on and off hard work, it's all as money will allow. I've got some updates to post for you guys in a little while. I might as well go outside and take some pictures of my progress

I'll update this post as soon as I get back!

Finally got her on the road and running good, all that's left for me to do is get her tagged and titled, then she'll be my daily!

One of the things required of my parents before I could drive it was to install 3pt. seat belts. I finished the install of those yesterday, it went mostly without a hitch and was all bolt in. The hardest part of the install was bolting the retractable end of the belt to the floor on the drivers side. The tank really gets in the way when doing that. If you're planning on putting 3pt. belts in your truck try and do it while the seat and tank are out. I didn't and it was a little tedious. I bought them from LMC and they shipped to my door in five days. Everything was correct in the order and the packaging was good.

If you'll notice, the huge mirrors are gone as well. I ended up replacing them with some original mirrors that have a much better look and finish to them. I still have to drill the holes out on the passenger side, and fill the holes from where the hideous wind blockers were before. I bought those from LMC at the same time as the seat belts and I'm satisfied with them as well.

Me wrenching and my dad supervising, was getting the engine prepped for removal.

One of my best friends Garrett was over at my house that day, he was supposed to help... But as you can see from this picture I think the only dirty marks on his shirt are from when I punched him. All he did was eat my food, drink my drink, and ask me what was what. It was still a lot of fun though, haha!

I stand corrected, he helped me remove the hood!

Using the A-Frame that we borrowed from my uncle (the long-haired hippy looking guy in the bottom of the picture) and a come along I began hoisting the engine from the truck. I had been waiting for this moment for a long time!

Here it is on its way out! We forgot to put a jack under the transmission so the transmission kind of fell. I now have a new transmission mount sitting in the shop waiting to be installed, haha. It also somehow fixed the problem I was having with the driveshaft rubbing my crossmember.

Here it is finally out. Onto the next saga of pictures!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 07-07-2009 at 02:29 PM.
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote