View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #182
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Thank you sir. Don't read it like a Bible because I do make mistakes as I'm about to show

Here's a long overdue update:

Because of the fact that the front clip on these things is welded on, none of the front sheet metal is easily removable including the inner fenders. It may be hard to see in the pics but the outer wall of the frame rail was left longer than the inner wall so that I will have access to weld the S2000 section on in front of the inner fender.

In order to place the S2000 section where it needs to go I had to remove the outer wall of the S2000 rail in the same area (was considering a lap). When put together they form a completed box all the way around. And of course I will be adding plate over that.

Mocking up the rest:

I put the wheel on the check centering in the wheel well and DOH!!! How the heck... too far forward

While the wheel was on I checked how much I'll need to shorten the arms by. Looks like about 3" minimum. I may just pickup two more wheels with more backspacing so that the new arms can be a little longer. Luckily these are still in production.

Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote