Thread: John's Project
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #191
JohnC

Re: John's Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadjohn84 View Post
gahhhh! more mopar.. lol. c'mon John get it done!! all of us other guys that are not out working on our trucks cuz the damn humidity is so high are looking for progress from YOU!
Guess you don't frequent central Oklahoma much. Very humid, and temps this week have all been 100+

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace121978 View Post
damn john, wish we were closer i'd love to give ya a hand. we could have that thing out in a couple hours. just promise me you wont think to yourself "if i just unbolt the cab and lift it up with a jack i could get to the frame better for some minor detailing!" because we all know thats how these "frame off's" start with just a simple motor or trans swap!! btw believe it or not mine was just going to be a simple th350 to a 700r4 swap!!

sounds like a good plan!!
Yeah I'm going to try my best not to let the detailing get out of hand. Can't make any promises, but I'm pretty sure I can keep the cab on the frame!

I made a trip to the local Pull-A-Part saturday morning, and scored some parts. Joe231 and his wife were there and helped me pull some, and most importantly helped me carry them parts around. I'll get some pics of them tomorrow when I'm off. Here's a list of what I got.

1) Factory tach gauge cluster out of a 81 Crew Cab.
2) 85-87 Grill in really good shape. Just needed some of the chrome trim pieces, but the whole thing was in good shape.
3) Steering column with no wipers on the column, and it also had a 88-94 Chevy steering wheel that I was looking for.
4) Headliner board.
5) Plastic spacer for the factory steering wheel so the horn will work properly.

I got the few things that I was wanting to change. Primarily in the interior, whenever I get to it.
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote